Saturday, November 24, 2012

Norby Inspired Mitts

These fingerless mitts are based on the lovely Norby pattern by Gudrun Johnston and will compliment the hat I knit from that pattern.  

Pattern:  Adapted from Norby, by Gudrun Johnston
Yarn:  Rowan Scottish Tweed 4 ply, colorway 22
Needles: #2 (2.75mm) circs and dpns
 Comments:  This yarn is vintage, discontinued Rowan yarn--
 And here's the hat with the mitts:
I cast on 55 stitches for the wrist pattern and decreased to 48 before the hand.  I debated whether to add the thumbs--I had plenty of yarn--but decided to leave them off this time.  It's a fingering weight yarn, so that makes both items light enough for fall and spring wear or for winter wear in climates that are less severe than Minnesota's.  Love both pattern and yarn!

1 comment:

kathy b said...

I LOVE your fingerless and matching hat. Really sharp Nice job