Monday, July 30, 2012

Cobalt Cables



Yarn:  New England Highland, cobalt blue
Pattern:  The Able Cable Hat, by Kari Steinetz, a free pattern on Ravelry.
Needles:  #7 circs and dpns
Comments:  The pattern calls for #8 needles, and I started with that but thought I would like a closer stitch so I switched to #7s.  Check the errata on the Ravelry page before starting this pattern.

Yarn:  New England Highland, cobalt blue
Pattern:  Mock Cable Wristers, by Ann Farnham.  From the book, 60 Quick Knits.
Needles:  #5 dpns

Comments:  The pattern calls for #6 needles, but I used #5s. The wrist part is really loose, but I'm guessing that was the intention of the pattern.

And here they are together.  The yarn is a rather sturdy, woolly sort.  I always think a yarn like this wears for years without getting ratty and loaded with pills.  Oh, and I love the cobalt color.  One can never have too much blue, I always say.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

These cables are so pretty! And it looks like a great fingerless mitt!