Saturday, March 31, 2012

Two Hats and a Cowl

Yarn:  Plymouth Worsted Merino and Rowan Kidsilk Haze
Pattern:  Super Cupcake
Needles:  #7 & 8
Comments:   If I made this again, I would either omit the Kidsilk Haze on the crown of the hat and the center stitches of the cowl or use a color that is more of a contrast to the Merino.  I found the pattern to be one that invited me to knit mindlessly.  However, in my mindlessness I made errors that were annoyingly difficult to correct so I did a bit of ripping out and doing over.
Yarn: Brown Sheep Burly Spun
Needles:  #13 straights.
Comments:  Having made this hat before (my big fat hat), I can say that I love knitting and wearing it.  It knits up in a hurry and is one of the softest, most comfy hats you can wear on a blustery Minnesota winter's day.  I added the tassel for a touch of whimsy.  It's knit on straight needles and seamed.

No comments: