Thursday, February 09, 2012

Slogging Along...

 I'm working on a sweater that looks on the surface to be rather simple.  Start at the bottom, work up to the shoulders, then down the back.  It's a fascinating pattern, encouraging all sorts of creative ideas.

It's a beautiful yarn, appearing to have more depth and color after knitting than in the rather dull-looking skein.
 But oh, am I having trouble with the neck.
I have ripped it out several times in an effort to make the join smoother.  Maybe it's the cotton tape yarn.  Maybe it's the Addi needles.  Maybe it's me!  Maybe I just need to keep on slogging and not worry about getting it perfectly joined.  Perfection begone!  Let's get on with this.

2 comments:

Chrisknits said...

Hope it works out to your satisfaction. Or that you don't go crazy in the trying to make it perfect. LOL!

Kym said...

Keep on slogging! I bet the join will look better with a little more knitting. . .