Saturday, January 14, 2012

But Wait--There's More!

Remember the little red cap and mittens to match from my last post?
I could not resist the urge to embellish these; they were so plain. And so red.
Normally I like classic, clean lines in clothing.  With this, I broke my unspoken bias against too many doodads on knitted garments.  What can this possibly mean?  

The "flowers" were made with a simple crochet chain (pretty much the limit of my abilities there), twenty stitches for each petal, using a 3.75mm hook.  The buttons are gray metal LaMode buttons from Jo-Ann fabrics.  I do like the capricious attitude it gives a seriously red hat!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I like the addition of the flowers and buttons!!!! SO cute!

Kym said...

Now those are PERFECT doodads! :-)

Chrisknits said...

Love it! It works.