Monday, December 05, 2011

An Unmatched Pair: Maine Morning Mitts

Pattern:  Maine Morning Mitts, from the book, The Knitter's Book of Yarn, by Clara Parkes.
Yarn:  Noro Kureyon, coloway 283.
Needles:  #7 (4.5mm) dpns.
Comments:  I love this pattern, and have made it before.  Also, I highly recommend the book, and all books by Clara Parkes.  Oh, and you can get this pattern free here!
Yes, this was one ball of Noro Kureyon!  I am not fond of  the way this colorway knitted up, as it has the unusual shot of purple and the colors don't play particularly well with each other in a pair of mitts.  One solution would be to purchase another ball of the same colorway and knit up another pair, hoping that the colors would divide in the same way.  But it's a Christmas gift, and time is running out.  The receiver is a free spirit, and I'm hoping it will be well received.  I know for sure they are warm!

2 comments:

Artseycrafts said...

Well, I do not think I am a free spirit but the receiver should love her new, warm mittens. The mis-matched coloring makes them interesting. Fingerless mittens are well receied by everyone in my region. I love them too.

Chrisknits said...

That's what I love and hate about Noro!! Don't get me started on spit splicing to get colors to line up on the sweater I knit ages ago! But it was a stunning sweater.