Monday, December 12, 2011

Cabled Mitts

Pattern:  Cabled Mitts, by Cheryl Beckerich (a free pattern)
Yarn:  Alta Moda Cashmere (80% Merino wool, 20% Cashmere). Colorway: 006 (a true navy, and slightly heather)
Needles:  US #9 (5.5mm) dpns
Comments:  This is a very nice pattern--the cables are in the right place and the thumb is situated perfectly between stitches.  And it took less than 1.75 balls of yarn.


Shown with the Burberry Inspired Cowl I recently finished.


I wonder how they can call the yarn "cashmere" when it is mostly wool.  However, the yarn is very, very soft and cushy and I liked knitting with it.  


Some people wonder what good fingerless mitts are.  I like them in our Spring and Fall weather here in Minnesota, but I also like to layer them over another pair of gloves for extra warmth when the weather gets really cold.

2 comments:

Chrisknits said...

I layer mine too, but mostly they are layered under my mittens. The ones I have are fingering weight so they don't stretch enough for over the gloves.

loel said...

I love the way your Burberry-inspired cowl turned out. I've been looking at a lot of them in thinking about making this pattern, but most are kind of drapey (droopy) and I like the bounce of yours.

FYI, I've been a fan of your blog for quite a while now. I love your knitting aesthetic. Can't remember how I ran across it, but am happy I did.