Friday, December 09, 2011

The Burberry Inspired Cowl

Yarn:  Alta Moda Cashmere (80% Merino wool, 20% Cashmere)
Pattern:  Burberry Inspired Cowl Neck Scarf by Julianne Smith (unblocked)
Needles:  #10 (6mm) Addi Turbos
Comments:  Nice pattern, softest yarn!  This actually looks pretty good as a turban, too.  Don't expect photos of that.   I did four repeats of the pattern.  You need to do a provisional cast-on, and to close the circle the pattern calls for the Kitchener stitch over all 58 stitches.  
I think if I knit this again, I would try it with a DK or worsted weight yarn.  I may have enough of this luscious yarn left for a pair of fingerless mitts.  Stay tuned--I'm loving the fat yarn, after so many pairs of socks!

2 comments:

Chrisknits said...

That's on my list of to dos, I really need to move it to to done!

Rocky Moreno said...

Just added this cowl to my Rav fave's. Very nice. 8) R