Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Charlie Brown Socks

No, the dryer isn't small.
 The socks are really big.

 And every time I make a pair for the Judge, it's a labor of love.
I call these his Charlie Brown socks, for obvious reasons.  He actually agreed to the pattern before I started knitting them.  He thinks they have sort of a Native American feel to them.
I like them because the pattern part was not boring.  But the rest?  Very.

Yarn:  Cascade Sock yarn and two other yarns for the red and blue stripes.
Needles:  #1 (2.5mm) dpns.
Pattern:  The sock pattern is my own, but the color work pattern is called Mountain Lake from Vogue Knitting.
Comments:  Cascade makes a lovely sock yarn--so pleasant to knit and it also washes beautifully.  See more information in my Ravelry projects.  Blessings to all of you who knit socks for big guys.

2 comments:

Guinifer said...

*Love*

Artseycrafts said...

Me too! It really is a labor of love to knit such big socks.