Friday, July 30, 2010

Artistic Liberties

SketchBook Mobile is an App for use on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.  Made by Autodesk, Inc., (the company that makes AutoCAD, a software for computer aided design that I used in one of my former jobs), it's a pretty cool drawing tool.  I have just started using it on my iPod Touch, but especially if you own an iPad and are even mildly artistic, you will want to have this app.  There's a free version, called SketchBook MobileX that can give you a chance to try it without cracking your wallet.

Here's something I scribbled out in a couple of minutes.
Summer in the Suburbs
Yup, it's a corny title.  Having only done one of drawing, I can't vouch for the control that you might have with just the tip of your finger, but you will find it's more fun than fingerpainting--and not as messy!

And you might get really good at it (video from AutoDesk:).

No comments: