Sunday, May 30, 2010

Salt 'n Pepper

Yarn:  Crazy Zauberball , 75% Wool, 25% Nylon.
Pattern:  My own Plain old sock pattern.
Needles:  #1 (2.25mm) dpns
Comments:  The yarn is made by Skacel, of the famous Turbo Needles.  The label says "every sock is artwork - every sock is unique."  And unique they are.  I have read that there's no way you can match your socks with this yarn.  The very definite line you see on the left foot was actually the way the colors came out--no knots.  Still, I really like the way they look and feel. 

As you probably already know, I like my socks to be convertible to anklets.  These are, of course, convertible!  Maybe I just like the word convertible.

Still knitting...

5 comments:

Walden said...

Very nifty! Love how they turned out!

JoAnn said...

I love the looks this yarn gives. I have a skein of navy blue in my stash. I must knit it up very soon to see how mine will turn out.

Kathy... said...

I knit a pair of "salt and pepper" socks recently too! Even the same brand of yarn....but different colorway. I'm over socks needing to match. Perhaps if I knit with a predictable yarn (Opal or something) then I'd worry about it, but not so much these days. Nice to hear have you blogging again..... :)

Deb said...

Great socks. I love using Addi Turbos, too.

Andrea Vlahakis said...

Love these! And that they can never match makes them one of a kind, which is neat. Enjoy wearing them!