Saturday, April 03, 2010

The Valour Vest

Yarn:  Rowan Colourscape Chunky, colorway #430 Carnival
Needles:  #9 (5.5mm)
Pattern:  "Valour" by Sarah Hatton from the Colourscape Chunky Collection
Comments:  My modifications were to not do the ribbing in the original pattern, but to do the vest in mostly stockinette.  I love the way the colors change and thought they were even more interesting in a stockinette pattern.

As you can see below, the armholes are treated in an unusual fashion.  And since I picked up only the edge of the stitch on the sleeve opening, it shows the other part of that stitch, which I like a lot.

 
Below you can see that I did the same finish on the hem of the front panels, to sort of finish it off and keep it from curling too much.
The seams were sewn up with a fingering weight yarn.
 It's warm and totally comfy!  I'd make this again, but maybe in a solid color  And I might do all the ribbing that is in the pattern because I like that look, too.

5 comments:

Virtuous said...

I LUV it!!!! The armholes are unique and I still don't quite understand it though....

The vest is just wonderful! Enjoy your knitwork :)

Susan Fetterer said...

Ver-r-r-ry strange......I tried on a vest that LOOKS JUST LIKE THAT today.

newsies said...

's beautiful!

Marilyn in NM said...

I love this vest! I think I like it even better the way you did it than the original pattern. Great yarn!
Marilyn in NM
knittinmar

Kym said...

Just getting caught up in my blog-reading. . . LOVE the vest. Now I want to try one, too. The button looks perfect!