Thursday, April 01, 2010

Summer Sox

Yarn:  Classic Elite Yarns Summer Sox, colorway 5557 Pelican
Pattern:  My own concoction
Needles:  #1 (2.25mm)

Comments:  I had just enough yarn for these socks (see last photo). The yarn is decidedly cotton, although it also has Merino and Nylon. By this I mean that it feels and knits much like cotton, without a lot of elasticity. And when wet it wants to stretch.  Still, it’s a beautiful color and the stitch definition is great.


As many of you know, I like to be able to convert my socks to anklets so they have to look good in that capacity, too!


There were only 350 yards on two skeins and here's all the yarn that was left:
The beautiful button from Jennie the Potter is for a vest in the making.  I just wanted to show it to you.

Still knitting and blogging...

5 comments:

Walden said...

Love the texture on the top of the socks!

Artseycrafts said...

I like your concoction for your socks. The button is also very pretty.

Breienmaar said...

I really love these socks. And other socks too. Thanks for your patterns!

best wishes, Martine

Kathy... said...

Super Cute! Love the color too.

Lynn said...

Love these socks!!!! Great job!