Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Smithfield Knitting

So plain, 
  
So bland,
 So perfectly wearable
!
Yarn:  Jitterbug, colorway #63 Mushroom.  100% Merino wool.
Pattern:  My boring, plain old stockinette basic pattern.
Needles:  #1 (2.25mm) bamboo dpns.
Comments:  The yarn is fairly thick for socks, but knits up beautifully.  It didn't pool wildly, I think, due to the subdued coloring and short spots of color.
Oh, I do favor the look and feel of basic socks!

I spent some time with my son and his family in Virginia recently and had the privilege of teaching my youngest granddaughter to knit!  She pronounced it soothing, which mirrors my sentiments exactly.  She completed a washcloth and started a scarf in the middle of her busy year-end school/sports schedule.
I love my granddaughter and am so very proud of her.

6 comments:

Kathy... said...

Lovely - both socks and granddaughter, of course!

Guinifer said...

The socks are nice, your grand daughter is lovely!

Kym said...

What a wonderful memory you can always hold dear! Your granddaughter is a beauty! May she find all kinds of joy from her knitting.

Jen said...

Love the socks! And hooray for the new knitter!

Music in Media said...

really great blog thanks for posting.
i wrote blogs about music, it would be great if you could take a look if you have time?
http://musicinmedia1.blogspot.com/
thanks :)

Deb said...

I found your blog by hitting "Next Blog" across the top of my website. I downloaded some of your patterns to knit. I'm a relative newbie knitter but I have made socks before - they just don't look as nice as yours. Thanks for the patterns!