Sunday, November 15, 2009

Big Socks

Yarn: MC: Lang Jawoll colorway Navy, CC: Lana Gross Meilenweit, colorway Burgundy 1273.
Pattern: My own, for The Judge.
Needles: #1 (2.5mm) dpns
Comments: It took me months to finish these, not because they were difficult. They just take a whole lot of uninteresting knitting as they are for a size 13 foot. And they are a very dark navy (darker than shows in these photos) so most of the knitting was done during the daylight hours. But his feet will be warm this winter!

8 comments:

Deb said...

Wow! You're a super sock-knitter! Men's socks---simply beautiful! My hubby wants to know when I'm going to get around to knitting him some socks. Maybe after I get done knitting a month's worth of socks for myself. :)

Roobeedoo said...

Beautiful in their simplicity! I forget how good a plain sock can be - those dashes of burgundy make them look very expensive!

Artseycrafts said...

Wow- Size 13 would take me forever. I need to knit socks for my son in size 10.5 but I do not know if 1 skein is enough.

Jen said...

Very nice socks!

Kym said...

Really sharp! I knit a pair of socks for my son -- who has a size 13 foot. It took me for.ev.er. In fact, I think those socks completely did me in! They killed my sock mojo!

Lynn said...

I LOVE the red stripe you did by the toe! Adds a little pop!

Guinifer said...

I am with you on the size 13's - wow - that's a long sock....

Kathy... said...

My SIL has just asked for knitted socks for Christmas. Not sure, but may try to get some done. I have 2 skeins of the Jawoll that I actually bought with him in mind last year. Yours are very pretty, and I really don't mind knitting plain, simple socks. I do have a little variegation in the colors in these skeins, so shouldn't be too bad. My husband wears a 13 too, plus he's extra extra wide, and huge calf. I have only knit him one pair.....a long time ago. vbg