Sunday, October 11, 2009

High Tea in Hayward

My book club is the most fabulous group of women you could ever hope to call your friends. On our recent retreat, we had a Jane Austen weekend. This included reviews of six of Austen's books and a delectable high tea. Here's a short video taken with my phone camera, with apologies for the quality of the video:

And here are some still photos---note the salmon and caviar tidbits; they were out of this world! The weekend was arranged by the two gals in the first photo. I cannot thank them enough for all their hard work and their good friendship. We are truly blessed!

All I did was read, eat, and knit one measly washcloth. Yarn: Louet Euroflax Originals
Pattern: Feather and Fan Washcloth by Theresa Gaffey, from the book, "Knitter's Stash: Favorite Patterns from America’s Yarn Shops."
Needles: #3 straights.
Comments: I loved knitting this washcloth during our weekend retreat!

3 comments:

Jean said...

It sounds ideal, what a lovely way to spend your time. The tea looks scrumptious!

Suzzanne said...

Your lacy washcloth is the perfect souvenir to take home from a girl's weekend. So pretty!

Denise said...

I'm glad 'all' you did was knit, eat, and visit - that is a good thing to do at least once a week, at the very least. I am a tea-er and your photos and video are delightful to behold! So glad to see this. Thanks for sharing.