Sunday, September 20, 2009

You Win Some...

And some don't turn out exactly as you hoped.Yarn: Rowan Summer Tweed, 70% silk, 30% cotton, colorway #508.
Pattern: #294 Summer Open Cardigan by Knitting Pure and Simple.
Needles: #10 (6mm) 32" circular and #7 (4.5mm) 16" circular.Comments: The pattern is written for a loose gauge on a worsted weight yarn, and I probably should have used a wool, rather than the Summer Tweed. The pattern is very nicely written--as are all the Knitting Pure and Simple styes--and I wouldn't mind making it again in another yarn. It knit up quickly and feels really light to wear, perfect for summer nights.
I made the sleeves a tad too long, although the yarn might have a tendency to stretch in length, but I don't think I will go back and change them. The length does hide some aging elbows!
It might look better to me next summer, as I finished it just in time for winter.

Still knitting...

1 comment:

Artseycrafts said...

Peter, Paul and Mary were always favorites. I was surprised to hear that Mary died.

Nice sweater!