Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The Noro Vest--in Sock Yarn

Lots of stitches using sock yarn...
Yarn: Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn, 70% Wool, 30% Nylon, Coloway #S233
Needles: Size 2 (2.75mm and 3mm)
Pattern: Olivia, from Noro Catwalk by Jenny Watson Designs, Book 1.
Comments: The shoulders are slightly extended on this pattern--I understand bigger shoulders are coming back! I really like the nicely fashioned neckline.

I stopped the lower edge ribbing at 4," rather than the 4-3/4" called for in the pattern because I was concerned that the knitting might puff out a little after the ribbing and at the wrong spot for my body. I'm wondering now if I should have carried the ribbing up further and made it an empire look. But this way it give me room to layer it over a shirt.When I reached the area just above the body where I had to add another ball of yarn to proceed toward the shoulders, I tried to match each side at least color wise.

However, the vest does match the socks I made last year:Still knitting...

8 comments:

JoAnn said...

Great looking vest! The colors are awesome and it'll look great with your socks too. You did a great job matching colors and I like how it looks with the shirt.
It must have seemed like forever, knitting with 2's.

Guinifer said...

I am so very impressed!

Artseycrafts said...

OMG! It's beautiful but I cannot imagine how long it took to knit! You will look so snazzy with your vest and matching socks.

Jen said...

Love the vest! So pretty.

Lynn said...

Gorgeous vest!!! I really like the neckline too.

Kathy said...

You outdid yourself this time. I adore it. Someday I'm going to attempt a sweater in fingering weight yarn. But I'm a process knitter so that would be heaven for me.

Stephen said...

Beautiful!!!

The time and patience it took to knit the vest is also very impressive. It's delightful to find that someone else also knits vest and sweaters using size US 2 needles.

You've inspired me to be more adventurous and expand my knitting experience by using a Noro yarn.

Kym said...

Because I lost my sock mojo (and can't find it. . .), I love to see other types of projects using sock yarn. (Somehow I never lost the sock YARN mojo. . .) The vest is beautiful. I love it with the pink shirt.