Tuesday, September 08, 2009

An Extra Ordinary Scarf

Yarn 1: Twisted Sisters Daktari, 100% Cotton, slubbed. Colorway "Argent."
Yarn 2: Jarbo Garn, 100% wool, Colorway "Ghost Country."
Pattern: Long Ridged Scarf from Jo Sharp's book "Knit," Issue #1.
Needles: Size 6 (4.00mm) Addi Turbos.
Comments: You would think a pattern wouldn't be necessary for such a simple project, and you'd be right. However, sometimes seeing a pattern like this is just what is needed. I loved knitting it while riding in the car, watching TV, and meeting with my knitting friends.

This scarf was made as a gift, but I like its nubby squooshiness so much I'm not sure I can part with it. The two yarns knit together amicably, with no tangling and no knots, and the resulting fabric is more attractive than each yarn separately.Do I block or not?
P.S. What I really meant was not extraordinary, but extra ordinary--to my mind extraordinary sounds like it's really, really ordinary. Who can really know the English language???

6 comments:

Suzzanne said...

Aaahhh, very extra ordinary. I would be tempted to keep it for myself, too.

Pat said...

I like the squishy non blocked look for this beautiful extra ordinary scarf!

Lynn said...

VERY nice!!! I really like it! Like ribbing sideways.

Jim said...

It's a beautiful scarf Kay. I just finished the Seaman's scarf and blocked it.

Guinifer said...

You can definitely see the loving hand in that scarf - I think a red version would be fantastic!

Artseycrafts said...

Oops! Forgot to change my account from "Jim" to me - again! Sorry about that.