Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Striped Mochi Socks


Yarn: Mini Mochi, 80% Merino Wool/20% Nylon, Colorway 107
Pattern: Personal pattern, knitted top down
Needles: #1 (2.2mm) dpns
Comments: The yarn is wonderfully soft but I found myself splitting it at times. I had two different dye lots, and although there was no discernible difference in the color, I decided to do a two-row stripe, carrying the yarn up as I knit. One of the skeins had two knots and some skinny spots. The overall effect of the non-matching stripes is pleasing to me and the fit is soft and comfy.
Still knitting...

9 comments:

Kathy... said...

Very nice! I have heard of that yarn before, but I have never actually seen it.

I am so funny with socks, I really like non-matching socks when I see others knit them, but for some reason, I always strive for matching ones when I knit. Hmmm...probably some deep-seated insecurity, or something. LOL! A therapist could probably help me. LOL! Or...perhaps there is really no hope of help.....

Dave said...

I love these!! I need another 24 horus in every day ..... :-)

Kym said...

Those are fabulous socks! I love the color combinations and the skinny stripes and the fuzzy-factor. They look great -- and comfy, too!

Lynn said...

These are really nice!!!! I love the way they look knit up, but I'm not very fond of the yarn while knitting the. Seeing yours makes me want to reconsider....

Suzzanne said...

You again show us that you are a true artist in getting the right yarn for the right design. The two row design is fantastic with this yarn. Thanks for sharing your idea.

Artseycrafts said...

Your socks are very pretty and I like the color. I have read others commenting about a splitting problem with the yarn.

Guinifer said...

Those are so cute! I wonder how they'd look cuff down?

Carie said...

It must be the season for stripy socks - I'm sitting here reading this and knitting a pair of Noro crazy stripy socks - it's very addictive :)

Jean said...

I like the colors of the yarns you used, I myself like non matching socks as well now, it just seems like something fun to do.