Thursday, August 13, 2009

Small Projects

Yarn: Patons Stretch Socks, 41% cotton, 39% wool, 13% nylon, 7% elastic, colorway 31135.
Pattern: Personal Pattern.
Needles: #1 (2.25mm) dpns.
Comments: These socks are for my grandson, and he wanted them even shorter in the leg than I usually make them. He chose the yarn at Michaels, so I think he'll like them.


Dishcloth#1
Yarn: Sugar 'n Cream Stripes, 100% cotton, colorway 23143, Country Stripes.
Pattern: Bowtie Stitch Dishcloth
Needles: #7 (4.5mm) addi TURBO Lace circulars
Comments: Love the colors in this yarn.


Dishcloth #2
Yarn: Sugar 'n Cream Stripes, 100% cotton, colorway 23712, Lime Stripes.
Pattern: Kai'ale'ale - Ocean Ripple
Needles: #7 (4.5mm) addi TURBO Lace circulars.
Comments: I really like the pattern. It's easy but it looks so pretty.


Dishcloth #3
Yarn: Sugar 'n Cream Stripes, 100% cotton, colorway #23114, Tie Dye Stripes
Pattern: Feather and Fan Dishcloth.
Needles: #7 (4.5mm) addi TURBO Lace circulars.
Comments: See the large center row? That's a perfect example of a mistake that became a design element. Heh-heh.


Dishcloth #4
Yarn: Peaches & Creme, 100% cotton, colorway #181, Faded Denim.
Pattern: NYD '05, Ver.2
Needles: #7 (4.5mm) addi TURBO Lace circulars.
Comments: Simple pattern, nice texture.


Dishcloth #5
Yarn: Peaches & Creme, 100% cotton, colorway 1, White.
Pattern: Simple Eyelets
Needles: #7 (4.5mm) addi TURBO Lace circulars.
Comments: It was fun making these holes...
That's all, folks!

6 comments:

Christy D. said...

Those dishcloths are wonderful! I especially love how the striping on a couple of them perfectly corresponded to the ridges in the pattern.

Suzzanne said...

Small projects are the best. Instant gratification. The recipients of your gifts are very lucky. Thanks for the inspiration.

Lynn said...

Great dishcloths! I really like your socks too. Great colorway!

Artseycrafts said...

Your grandson should love his socks - so nice! I wondered how the yarn feels since I can also get it at my Michaels.

I also like your dishcloths. They are the perfect small project and it is also a nice way to use stitch patterns. Nice!

Guinifer said...

Kinda dishcloth crazy!
I like the socks with the sneakers!

Deb said...

I love the socks that you made for your grandson. Did you like the Paton Sock yarn?

I also started using Addi Turbos for sock knitting & I love them! Great dishcloths! I'm going to try the eyelet pattern.