Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Small Indulgence

Yarn: Tilli Tomas Disco Lights, 100% spun silk with sequins, colorway Moroccan Blue.
Pattern: Winter Windows Silk Scarf (Ravelry Link) from the book, "Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Small Indulgences."
Needles: #5 (3.75mm) Prym Express circulars.
Comments: This yarn is soft, with a nice drape and lovely sheen. The final touch is a twinkling abundance of tiny blue sequins. I must also say that the Prym circulars were a very fine alternative to Addi Turbos. They have a finer point than Addis, are smooth but not too slippery, with a perfectly flexible cable. But their price was best of all--a sensible $6.60. Clearly, that didn't make up for extravagance of the yarn. My defense is that we were on Christmas vacation, and my judgment was clouded by a foreign land (Florida).

The pattern said the scarf would be aproximately 57" long. Mine was only 41," unblocked. Still, I like it and think of it not so much as a scarf, but sort of like a piece of jewelry or a lovely accent piece.

10 comments:

Kathy... said...

Ohhhhh....quite lovely! So very soft and luscious looking.

I may have to check out those needles too. I am at the place where I am tired of fighting with the connections on the Knitpicks circs. So, I may be buying new circs soon. Thanks for the recommendation.

Lynn said...

The scarf is gorgeous! But the sparklies aren't itchy around your neck?

Jen said...

Beautiful!

Artseycrafts said...

Beautiful scarf on a beautiful lady!

I have a few sizes of Prysm "straights" but not the circulars. I really did buy mine in a foreign land (Germany).

Guinifer said...

I am laughing at myself because I initially thought that was a pair of socks! Your scarf is really lovely.

Kathy said...

Breathtakingly beautiful. I've never knitted with sequins before. I'm guessing it's easier than knitting with beads but do the sequins catch on the needles?

It looks lovely draped around the neck...like jewelry.

Kym said...

That color is wonderful! Lovely, lovely scarf.

Suzzanne said...

That is just the prettiest shade of blue. Your scarf is lovely.

Carie said...

Oh that is so very very pretty - it definitely counts as jewellery

Susie said...

I never thought I'd like anything with sequins but with the name "disco" it's hard not to love! Lovely scarf.