Friday, August 21, 2009

Feminine Footies

Yarn: Fortissima Cotton, 75% cotton, 25% poly, colorway 08.
Pattern: Footies by Louise M.
Needles: #1 (2.25mm) dpns
Comments: I love this pattern. It works up neatly and quickly and makes me want to knit a baker's dozen of these beauties (I made one pair in June). I did my own heel and toe, as many knitters do for lots of reasons. My reason for using my own heel is that a slip-stitch heel is normally too bulky to fit in my shoe, leaving no healthy wiggle room for my toes. That, and I just like the look of the stockinette heel.
The cotton yarn was soft to knit and the color is the softest pink, too.Get the golf shoes...I may have to take up the sport. Do I need a matching t-shirt?

7 comments:

Artseycrafts said...

How pretty! I like pink, especially the soft pink you used.

Carie said...

So very pretty - and a really delicate pink - I don't think you need to play golf to wear socks like these, although my tactic at golf is to wear my most outrageous socks to try to distract everyone else from the way I play :)

suzzanne said...

Thank you for sharing your finished projects. I love these footies. Yes, very feminine.

Guinifer said...

I saw those over on Rav - they are really sweet!

Kym said...

Gosh, that's a perfect pink! Such a cute pattern.

Kathy said...

Adorable socks. How's your weather up there? Is it as cool as it is down here?

Angie said...

Lovely pink socks and, yes, so feminine.