Saturday, June 27, 2009

Slouch Socks

Yarn: Cestari Sock Collection, 75% Cotton, 25% Wool Colorway Timberwolf Gray
Pattern: Personal Pattern
Needles: #1 (2.25mm) dpns
Comments: I cast on 56 stitches for these socks, as 64 was just plain too big, and because it's mostly cotton, the yarn does not have a lot of elasticity.
When first knitting socks, I really wanted to do a pair to replace the cotton slouch socks I had in the 1980s. They rolled at the top and were so soft and comfy I never wanted to take them off. These are not quite as slouchy as those were, but they are every bit as comfy--or more so. They don't have lovely cables and lacy, intricate stitches. But they are honest, hardworking socks.
And can you tell--I have already bonded with them.

7 comments:

Walden said...

They look super comfy! I love the rolled top, is it just straight stockinette stitch down the leg?

Suzzanne said...

Very nice socks. I am sure you will enjoy wearing them this summer. Suzzanne

Artseycrafts said...

Very nice. Nice and comfy will last much longer than intricte and lacy.(vbg)

Virtuous said...

Ooh you definitely have bonded!! :o) Nice socks!

I was just looking at your Winterscape pattern this A.M.

twinsetellen said...

Sometimes plain and simple is the essence of beauty. These are great.

Kathy... said...

These are my kind of socks!!

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Very nice! I think I owned several pairs of similar socks back then, too. : )