Monday, June 01, 2009

Lacy Mock Cable WaRshrag

This is as true I can photograph the peachy pink color in all its unblocked glory:
Pattern: Lacy Mock Cable Cloth (Ravelry Link) by Vaunda Rae Giberson.
Yarn: Sugar 'n Cream, colorway #18046
Needles: #6 (4.0mm) straights
Comments: Loved this pattern. It moves along quickly and looks really pretty when finished. The pattern has an skpo (slip, knit, pass slipped stitch over), and after two pattern repeats, I tried an ssk (slip, slip, knit) stitch instead, and that seemed to look a bit smoother as a left-leaning stitch. However, it's a waRshrag/dishcloth), so any scrutiny it might be subject to would be minor, if it happened at all.In service!This turned out to be about 8" x 8," which is a nice size, as they grow a bit when wet. Do you like waRshrags large or small? If you have a favorite waRshrags pattern, click on "comments" below and tell me about it.

6 comments:

JoAnn said...

I've done 2 dishclothes, and would like to do more. The pattern I liked seemed to be very durable and not too lacy. It's called Scrubby Dishcloth and you can find the free pattern on Ravelry. Very easy and it has a nice textured look to it.

Guinifer said...

Like I said - too pretty! I'd like to wear that!

Virtuous said...

;o) @ in service :oD

I love her discolths!

Artseycrafts said...

Another pretty one! The stitch pattern looks very much like CookieA's "Sunshine" socks which I need to finish.(LOL)

Artseycrafts said...

This site has linkes to dozens of free dishcloth patterns.

http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/dishcloths.php

Ellen said...

I made my first one this weekend! I made a dapper dab from Evelyn A. Clark's book I used cotton chenille to make it a face cloth for a graduating girl.