Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Door County Bling!

Have you ever been to Door County? If not, you must go. It's a vacation area in the Wisconsin peninsula that has been spared all commercial chains. My friends and I had fabulous weather for the days we spent together!

We visited the Peninsula School of Art:

Had a lovely dinner at The Whistling Swan (and I highly recommend it)...

Found a fabulous new yarn shop called Red Sock Yarns...

Added to our Trollbeads bracelets (it's all about the bling)...

Had dinner at Alexander's (and I highly recommend it, too)...

Savored several ice cream cones at Not Licked Yet--Oh My!...

Oohed and aahed over the sunsets from the front porch at Edgewater...
And did a pitifully small amount of knitting...Still knitting...

5 comments:

Suzzanne said...

Thanks for all the fun links. If I ever get to Door County, I certainly will try find these places. There is more to life than knitting! (Even though some days it feels like knitting is life.)

Artseycrafts said...

What a fun trip! Glad you enjoyed it.

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Now that's my kind of vacation too ... but right now, I'd take anything. Always fun to find a new yarn shop!

KnittySue said...

I lived in Door County Wis. for 4 years and my youngest was born there...it is spectacular...I do miss it at times. Glad your trip was so enjoyable.

Kathy... said...

We have been to Door County several times. I agree....it's a must see! We took in an open air theater last time we were there....but I don't remember for sure where it was at. Also found a gorgeous knitshop in Sturgeon Bay, I believe.

The peonies remind me of my grandmother's yard. She had a gorgeous collection of Peonies. We cut and used them on Memorial day each year. They must bloom earlier down here.