Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cool Summer Footies

White lace and promises....
Yarn: Lana Grossa Meilenweit Cotton Stretch, 41% Cotton, 39% wool, 13% Poly, Colorway #8010.
Pattern: Footies by Louise M.
Needles: #1 (2.25mm) dpns
Comments: I totally love this pattern and its result! I wasn't sure I would like such abbreviated socks. They're quick to knit, the pattern is easily memorized without a lot of yarn/needle contortions. It's written for two circulars, but since I don't care for the dangle and tangle of that needle configuration, I used double points. Just right for summer--tennis, anyone? Golf?
Maybe I'll just fritter away on Ravelry! I'm real good at frittering...

11 comments:

Suzzanne said...

Wow! These socks are the perfect pairing of yarn with design. You are set for the summer.

Guinifer said...

Dangle and Tangle! The perfect description! Very cute.

Walden said...

I like simplicity and those lace panels are pretty, but not too over done. They look really nice.

Artseycrafts said...

Very pretty. I have the pattern. Hmm!

Jen said...

Very pretty. I love that little lace pattern!

Lynn said...

Great socks!!! How did you like knitting with the yarn? I know you like the pattern, but I wonder abt the yarn....

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

These are cute socks! I don't wear anklets often, but my Grandma loves them, so I've earmarked the pattern for her. : )

Kathy said...

I don't normally like anklets or footies but those are dreamy. Great work!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh I LOVE those socks. I need to make some shorty socks too. Perfect for the Summer [if it every gets here in the NE]

Kathy... said...

Isn't it a great pattern! I find myself wearing my pair all the time. I hope my mom likes hers too, but her birthday is not till later this month. And, I used DPN's also.

Carie said...

Very pretty socks - and definietly perfect for tennis - is is Wimbledon week after all!