Friday, May 01, 2009

Two on the First

Two pair of socks on May Day.Yarn: Pagewood Farm hand dyed sock yarn Denali in colorway Mardi Gras
Pattern: Facted Rib Socks from The Little Box of Socks by Charlene Schurch and Beth Parrott.
Needles: #1 (2.25mm) dpns.
Comments: As you know from my previous post about this pair, I love the pattern.
The yarn seems to compliment the pattern with its color and springiness. I keep photographing the texture.

And these brown socks are a lot less interesting, but wonderfully utilitarian, sturdy and warm.
Yarn: Schoeller Esslinger Zimba Top, colorway #125
Pattern: My personal pattern
Needles: #2 (2.75mm) dpns
Comments: The yarn seems heftier than regular fingering weight, and I cast on only 56 stitches for these. I toyed with the idea of making a sock monkey out of this yarn.
Then I envisioned a monkey face added at the top of the leg.Finally decided they'll just have to be house socks. Coordinating with my Nick & Noras.Could monkeys knit?

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love both pairs, but the grey ones rock. You are so amazing with those socks!!
Suzanne

JoAnn said...

Both socks are wonderful looking! I love the stitch pattern of the Facted Rib. And, yes, the gray pair will be perfect with your sock monkey jammies - Love the jammies too! I think The Loopy Ewe carries Pagewood Farm yarn - I'll have to check it out.

Suzzanne said...

From Suzzanne with two z's: I am inspired by your finished projects. I have a skein of Pagewood waiting for inspiration. Now I know what will happen to that skein of yarn. The textured pattern looks great with the handpainted yarn. Suzzanne

Guinifer said...

...and I was thinking to myself; "Sock Monkeys!" before I scrolled to the bottom of the page.

Artseycrafts said...

Your socks are always nice. Cute Monkey photos too.(vbg)

Deb said...

Great socks! I knew that the Facted Rib socks looked familiar....I have the Little Box of Socks patterns! Your socks look terrific! I'll have to try this pattern now.

The gray/brown look so good, too! You have such neat patterns!

Pat said...

2 beautiful pairs - The texture and color on Mardi Gras is perfect next to the simple but beautiful gray socks!

Kathy... said...

Love your new socks. Those utilitarian browns would get lots of wear on my feet! I really like them!

I have been thinking about a sock monkey for BG, but I can't find the perfect pattern. I liked the one Knitpicks had, but it was very short-lived. A little monkey for my monkey.......