Monday, April 20, 2009

Seed Stitch Border for Socks

Because I received a lot of nice comments about these socks, and in particular the simple seed border, here's a freebie.

Instead of printing a whole pattern for a mostly plain pair of socks, here's the graph for the seed stitch border used on my "Kind of Blue" socks.

Feel free to use this border on your favorite sock pattern--it works well with an even number of stitches.

I'll add the pattern to Ravelry too, so if you use it, please link to it or to this post. I'd love to see your finished project. Thanks!

7 comments:

JoAnn said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. I can't wait to try it out of a future pair of stockinette socks.

Deb said...

Thanks for sharing! You have a way of making simple socks special! You know the saying??? Less is more. Well, it's true of your socks! I love those blue ones. Keep knitting!

Guinifer said...

Thank you!

SusieH said...

So sweet of you! I think it would add lovely detail to any plainish pair of socks. Now where are those size zero sock needles....

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

That's a great way to make otherwise simple socks a little bit fun and special, love it! :)

Dawn said...

I concur with the above posts! Your socks are always elegant with the special, yet simple, effects you add. Thanks for sharing this! I'm going to save it! :)

Suzanne said...

You are awesome!! Thanks for sharing this idea. I love your socks!! :)
Suzanne