Monday, April 27, 2009

Needling

Somewhere along the line expensive knitting needles became must-haves, and I have my share of those.

At my house you will also find a goodly amount of Susan Bates and Boye colored aluminum needles. Rather than stash them away in a needle holder, I like to display them. Because they are colorful. Because they are useful. Because they remind me of my earlier knitting. Because I didn't have to mortgage the farm to own them. Just because.







You won't knit merrily along for 20 rows before discovering that you are using two different sized needles with these beauties because you will most likely notice the difference in color--at least after a couple of rows.

Call me old-fashioned. I consider it a compliment.

5 comments:

JoAnn said...

What a neat idea! All my needles are nestled in my needle case which I carry in my bag. I really should show some off though. I like the cut-glass vase for your DPNs.

Linda said...

Good for you. I have my needles in containers similar to yours. I love pottery pieces for displaying needles. I don't have a lot of space to disply mine so they're on a shelf in my closet. Shame on me.

Guinifer said...

And you love color and texture in your life!

Angelika said...

I love all the nifty expensive new and stylish needles, but sometimes the old ones are so much easier to handle and you are right, they are too nice and colorful to hide them.

Deb said...

Yes! What a lovely idea!