Saturday, April 18, 2009

Kind of Blue



Yarn: Zauberball, 75% wool, 25% nylon,
Colorway: "Stone Washed."
Pattern: Personal pattern.
Needles: #1 (2.25mm) dpns

Comments: I started to do a pattern on the socks that included cables but didn't like the way it looked, so I gave in and made my favorite type of sock. Stockinette! With just a touch of patterning.

There are a few lace and patterned socks in my drawer, but the ones I always want to wear are the plain old stockinette.






A closeup of the toes...
Aren't they the perfect kind of blue?

Still knitting...

11 comments:

Virtuous said...

Well I am lovin' being blue!! :o) I need to get on some socks soon!!!! Great pair to add to your fab hand knit sock drawer!

Suzzanne said...

Yes, the perfect blue. Great socks and great photos.

Artseycrafts said...

Beautiful! Yes, the blue is perfect too. I am currently knitting socks from Cookie A's new book but I also go to the stockinette stitch socks in my drawer.

Dave said...

Understated, elegant and fabulous!! Love that colour, and the toe detail is a great idea!

Kathy... said...

Yes, a perfect Blue for sure! I am currently knitting your "Winterscape" pattern (very similar to your blue socks) our of my Noro Silk Garden. Really like the pattern - verdict is pending on the yarn, however. Waiting till after I can wash them for a final opinion.

Guinifer said...

I love the little pattern on the toe and cuff. Very understated, yet lovely.

Kathy said...

Lovely, lovely blue socks. And I love the pattern you've added.

But then, everything you do is great!

joann said...

Love the color. Love the pattern. I must try to knit out of the box like that.

Lynn said...

I really like how you add that extra touch around the toes. I'm working on your Winterscape pattern now. It's just enough to add interest but not something I have to constantly think abt.

Suzanne said...

Those are very cool. I love the simple band by the toe and up by the ribbing. Very,very nice!!
Suzanne

Melissa Van Oort said...

I really love that little, but perfect detail in the seed stitch borders. The yarn is beautiful, a very nice colorway.