Monday, April 06, 2009

But It's Really a Stole...

It looks--and feels--pretty and wonderful as a scarf.























It's really a stole.

Yarn: Morehouse Farm Merino Lace, colorway Silverbirch
Pattern: Verona Shawl
Needles: Size 9 (5.5mm) Addi Turbo Lace circulars

Comments: The color is one of those that's hard to capture on camera. The bottom photo is more representative of the true color, at least on my monitor.

Love the yarn. It's cushy and feels soft against my skin. It's thicker in some spots than others, and some spots are so thin you wonder if it's going to look all right when you finish. But I really like the way it turned out. And the pattern is so simple that you wonder if you really needed one. But Margrit at Morehouse has captured just the right look in so many of her patterns, and this is no exception. They are simply elegant, possibly due in part to her background as a graphic designer but more, I suspect, to her unerring good taste. Here's another project I made out of this yarn: Lace Cardigan. And another photo here.

I started out with regular Addi Turbos, but they were too blunt and slippery. Then I tried some Rosewood straights, but they had too much "grab" for the yarn. Finally, after settling on the Addi Lace needles, the project moved along quickly.

Still knitting...

6 comments:

Dawn said...

That looks so SOFT and cushy! I love it and the shawl pin you used too! Jealous over here....LOL!

Guinifer said...

That really is a lovely color - almost the color of a foggy morning.

Suzzanne said...

Your lovely shawl pin has fianlly found its home. Your stole/scarf is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing and thanks for the inspiration. You will be the best dressed in the Easter parade.

Kathy... said...

Oh, Kay! This is just gorgeous! It even LOOKS soft and luxurious!

I am proud owner of two skeins of Noro Silk Garden sock yarn. Thought of you.......

I am organizing my projects by year. I think I took the easy way out, actually.

k

Lynn said...

I find my shawl works well as a scarf, too. Esp when I can wrap it around my head and ears first and then my neck. Your shawl is beautiful!

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Ooh, that's pretty, and a versatile pattern, very nice! : )