Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Hederas


Yarn: Wildfoote Luxury Sock Yarn (75% Washable Wool/25% Nylon), Colorway SY-42 Mistletoe
Pattern: Hedera, by Cookie A.
Needles: #1 (2.25mm) dpns
Comments: I made the smaller size (60 st.) and am glad I did. They looked skimpy before blocking, but blocked out quite nicely.

Before blocking:
And after blocking:
Also shown is the Verona shawl in progress. The colors on both projects--which I love--are close enough to be worn together, especially since they will be worn on the north and south parts of a person (me). A camera battery issue prohibited me from taking shots of the socks on my feet, so I'll try to get those posted tomorrow.

The Hedera (the word translated: ivy) pattern is not difficult, although it looks complicated. The heel part seemed endless. I may not be a budding lace knitter as I was relieved to be done with these socks.

The Judge thinks they are beautiful, and that's the final verdict.

5 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beauty-ous socks! I like the soft green color. That pattern is in my Someday File. I also think my lace capabilities are limited to socks only. I cannot see myself ever doing a shawl.

Kathy said...

Lovely! I've knit that pattern before and loved it but I always use the heel pattern I first learned. I figure if it ain't broke, don't fix it. :-)

Artseycrafts said...

I agree with the judge - your Hederas are gorgeous. Are you a member of the Ravelry CookieA Group which is knitting them?

Jen said...

Love the Hederas! I am not one to block socks, but it really helped with that lace pattern, didn't it?

Beautiful color too!

Guinifer said...

Well, of course, the Judge is the arbiter of good taste. I must say I agree with him. Lovely color.