Sunday, March 08, 2009

Enjoy the Ride


When I was at Borealis Yarn, I didn't have my Verona shawl project with me. But this sock yarn looked so like the colorway in my shawl that it was destined to come home with me.

It's definitely lace, dear folks. Maybe if I do enough of it I will learn to love--or at least like--it. One shouldn't expect to memorize the pattern first round, right? The holes are somewhat unequal, and so it feels a bit "lopsided." Will I like wearing these? I hope so. These socks will be for Spring and Fall (year to be determined), worn with the shawl/scarf.

By now you must realize I have been suffering from a severe case of startitis. My apologies, but at this stage of the disease I won't promise you will see finished projects for awhile.

Just have another cup of coffee with me and do as I am doing. Enjoying the ride.

8 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my those socks are lovely!

Virtuous said...

LOL @ stage of disease :oD

Have fun on the roller coaster!

Sally said...

Pretty pattern, pretty color!

I'm in the front seat with my hands in the air.

Guinifer said...

What is that stitch book you have propped in the background? (Great color!)

Walden said...

I have looked at that stitch book before and have passed on it. Do you like the stitch calendar? Would you recommend it?

That stitch does look lovely so far on those socks.

Carie said...

Such a pretty colour - no wonder it called your name and the pattern looks lovely; you'll find you remember the lace pattern sooner than you expect!

Artseycrafts said...

The socks are beautiful but I understand your startitis problem. I am suffering from the same thing lately.

Suzzanne said...

Lovely lace, lovely photos, and lovely yarn. Listen to the lace like you listen to music. Soon you will get the rhythm and repetitions. Then it becomes fun.