Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bits of Yarn

This could make a decorative addition to a felted bag. Or used as a pin. Or just tacked to my inspiration board.
Pattern: Knitted Flower Embellishment from Black Dog Knits. I don't see this pattern on her blog any more; I had printed it out some time ago. Nora has a fabulous blog and simply elegant patterns. As designer, she's Black Dog Designs on Ravelry, but I don't see the pattern there, either.
Yarn: Farbo Gastrike yarn from Sweden, I think.
Needles: ??
Comments: I knit the pattern as written but did not twist it into a spiral as directed. If you find the pattern online, let me know and I will add the link to this post.



Interesting color combination in this project using square needles.

9 comments:

Guinifer said...

Cute lapel pin too.

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

A reader told me she was having trouble commenting here. If you are unable to leave a comment, please email me. Thanks.
kay

Kathy said...

Lovely flower. If the pattern ever becomes available again, I'm going to snatch it up.

And your socks are always my favorites. :-)

Suzzanne said...

I think the flower would be a gerat addition to a hat. So pretty.

Carie said...

Do square needles feel like writing with a square pencil?

Polly Pierce said...

hi any idea where I can get the flower pattern from???
thanks Paula x

debip said...

Do you know if the blogger is still on line? I'd love the pattern--if you are in contact with her, could you ask if you can share it with me. I don't crochet, and love the ruffley detail of this flower. Amazing how creative people are!

Thank you and happy holidays!

Kimberly Reilly said...

I love this flower!!! So many of the flowers are crocheted and I just can't get the hang of that. Could you please print the pattern for this beautiful flower?

Anonymous said...

I wish you wouldn't show additions made to the hat and then we can't find a pattern. The flower was what drew me to the hat.