Friday, February 06, 2009

Speaking of Lace

In the works--blame my penchant for starting new projects--is a sock with modest lace inserts. Yes, lace! The patterning looks suspiciously like a certain candy. Have I been eating too many Twizzlers recently?
Speaking of lace, I am enjoying a blog called "1884 Knitted Lace Sample Book." The writer purchased a 19th century composition book in an antiques shop in Illinois. What a find! Twenty-five pages of lace edgings (40 patterns in all) and their instructions! Vintagekathleen has been posting these patterns weekly, with charts. Thank you so much, Kathleen!


And now, for those of you who can't wait to know what this is:
It's a vest--for me. But if it turns out to be too small, it'll be a gift. And here is a message for my little sister: It looks like it's going to fit me, not you. heh-heh.

3 comments:

Artseycrafts said...

Love the color of your lace socks! What is the yarn?

Guinifer said...

I love the Twizzlers knitting!

Walden said...

Thanks for the link to the knitted lace . . . I will definitely be keeping an eye on that blog!