Wednesday, February 18, 2009

On Podcasts

I do a lot of listening while I knit. It's generally not television but sometimes radio, or online radio. And books from Audible. But more often than not, I'm listening to a lot of podcasts. Here are several of them.

Beach Walks with Rox (This is a video podcast)
Cast On
Cheri Cast
Classical 95.9 WCRI
Classical Music from Aspen Public Radio
The Concert
Conversations with Mensa
Geek News Central Podcast
Great Pianists Podcasts from Magnatunes
It's a Purl, Man
Knit Picks
Knit Science
Knitting Rose
Let's Knit Together (This is a video podcast)
Meditation Station
Never Not Knitting
Ready Set Knit
Socks in the City
Stash & Burn
Sticks & String
WGBH Classical Performance

If you aren't a technophile, you will probably be happy to know that you don't need an iPod to listen to these. I recommend you get iTunes so that you can listen on your computer. Then check the podcasts in your iTunes Store and you will find all sorts of them, usually free.

Most of the links I have listed above will have a button for you to subscribe to their podcast with iTunes. Then these wonderful programs will be downloaded automatically into your computer and they will be there when you want to listen.

Give podcasts a try; I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

3 comments:

Sally said...

If I listen to these while I knit, will I knit as fast and as beautifully as you do?? :)

Actually, thanks to you, I enjoy several of these as well.

Guinifer said...

Nice! I'm actually going to print that off for a later date...

Carie said...

It you like listening to books and knitting podcasts have you tried Craftlit - it happily has both!