Saturday, February 07, 2009

Crayon Socks - Finished!

Yarn: Pagewood Farm Hand Dyed Sock Yarn, "Denali." in the Crayon colorway (80% Merino, 20% Nylon). 450 yard on the 4 oz. skein.
Pattern: My own, a variation of Winterscape Socks.
Needles: #1 (2.25mm) dpns
Comments: This yarn is nice to knit and is a bit heavier than most sock yarns, so it makes a dense sock. It should wear well. As with most hand dyed socks, you can see the color variation in the dying, even though these socks were knit with one skein of yarn without any knots or breaks.
These, as is my fashion, can be converted to anklets. I like them inside out as well. Quirky, I know.
Is there anyone else out there who likes inside-out socks?

6 comments:

Lynn said...

I really like this pattern and think it would work for my malabrigo sock yarn. Question, does the welt pattern at the beginning of the toe increase bother the bottoms of your foot?

Artseycrafts said...

Lovely color, Kay. I will finish new socks today but I had so much trouble with the yarn pooling. I should have knit my socks similar to yours.

Jen said...

Pretty socks!

Dave said...

That's a lovely colourway, but the difference between the two is strking. I have a pair of Fleece Artist that could be its twin. Well, except they're mostly browns, but you know what I mean. :-)

Nope, I'm an outside-out kinda guy. LOL!

Guinifer said...

Hmmm, next.

Suzzanne said...

Kay, I love the blue socks. The blues are reminiscent of MN lakes in the summertime. I love the anklet version, which makes me think of sock hops in MN gyms in the wintertime.