Friday, January 09, 2009

The Sweater That Took Forever and a Day

Yarn: Rowan Kid Classic (70% lambswool, 26% kid mohair, 4% nylon)
Pattern: Men's Roll Neck Sweater by Kris Percival from Knitting to Go Deck: 25 Chic and Easy Patterns (Cards)
Needles: #8 (5.0mm) Circulars and dpns
Comments: Celebrate with me! I started this so long ago--years. Hey, I know there are a few of you who cannot believe someone could knit so simple a sweater and let it languish unfinished for a long time. However, there are some of you who can. For those of you who can, join me in trying to finish some of the projects you know you will wear/use in 2009. No resolutions needed.

Same sweater, without a flash. I sort of like this presentation.


This is my favorite closeup.
Do you have a project that needs finishing? I have more sweaters unfinished, too. So be encouraged! It can be done!

14 comments:

Kathy... said...

Just Lovely.... certainly well worth the wait, even it it was "Forever and a day".

Dee said...

Your sweater is GORGEOUS!!! I love how soft it looks and the color is fabulous.

I have no unfinished projects, but I sure could use some good knitting vibes for the sock I'm knitting. It's a bugger! Splitty yarn.

Artseycrafts said...

Amazing! Two FO's in two day! I never have more than one project at a time but the project I have now is not conducive to anyone being inspired.

Guinifer said...

It is very beautiful. And done!

Erikitaroja said...

wow, you are almost inspiring me to finish up my two-year-and-counting-projects! Very nice. I love the raglan sleeves.

Zsuzsanna said...

You are inspiring me to finish my languishing projects too! I understand perfectly what you mean about finishing sweaters...

Suzanne said...

If its as beautiful in person as it is on the pics, sure seems worth it to me!! Just gorgeous!!
Suzanne

Lynn said...

Great job on the sweater! It is really beautiful and something that looks soft and cozy to wear often.

picperfic said...

that jumper is beautifully knitted and the photos are great too! So glad you finished it, now what's next?

Debra said...

Nice work-- lovely sweater!

Pat said...

Wonderful sweater! - roll neck raglan sweaters are my favorite - I've made 4 of them! Yours looks so comfy and beautiful in the Rowan soft fuzzy blue yarn!
and I KNOW about languishing sweater WIPs! Congratulations on getting it done!

JoAnn said...

What a beautiful color of blue! It's a very well-made sweater - plain and simple. I love it.
Yes, I will join you in trying to complete sweaters in 2009 - I now have 4 that are on the needles. Plus a few socks thrown in there just for fun. I knit every night, so you'd think I'd complete something soon - It's all a matter of giving equal time to all projects.

Carie said...

Congratulations!! It's a lovely sweater and well worth the finally finishing :)

Walden said...

It looks great and looks quite warm too! Congrats on finishing a long awaited item!