Saturday, January 31, 2009

Slowly. With Distractions.

Since I live in the real world--and there are those who might say otherwise--I cook occasionally. Last night it was roast pork with potatoes and carrots and this for dessert:
It's The Pioneer Woman's recipe for apple dumplings. If you haven't tried them, you simply must. Mine don't look nearly as beautiful as hers, but they tasted oh, so scrumptious! While you're at her site, check out some of the other recipes. They don't skimp on the butter and other good stuff!

Last night was the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra's Friday night concert, and it was, as usual, spectacular. The Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra from San Francisco, played authentic Baroque instruments. The pre-concert lecture by Layton James and was wonderfully informative about the various instruments. The sound was softer than modern orchestra, but just as lovely.


Now, I really have been working on my Blanket Cardigan (started at least two years ago). Slowly. With the above distractions, and more.
The sleeves are done (hope they're the right length) and now I can sew them on and weave in all loose ends. Don't you just love the cockeyed photography angles?
This one will get worn in 2009. You heard it here, folks.

5 comments:

Artseycrafts said...

Those apple dumplings look delicious and the recipe looks easy. Thanks for sharing!

I wouldn't be surprised if my son was not at the concert last night.(vbg)

Walden said...

The apple dumplings look very good, thanks for linking the recipe.

Carie said...

That looks like seriously good winter comfort food - thanks for the link, I'll have to give it a whirl

Kathy said...

I iam a huge fan of cockeyed or kittywampus photography. The sweater is lovely.

Suzzanne said...

Hello from Iowa! Decided to drop you a note and tell you how much I enjoy your blog. I admire your knitting and the photos of your projects. Besides being retired, a fan of ThePioneerWoman, and a knitter, you and I share a 10-1 birthday (I looked you up on Ravelry.) Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Yummy yarn.