Thursday, January 01, 2009

On the Beach Socks

Having been on vacation for four weeks, you might think I'd have many finished objects. But, no. Just one. And a few that are not.Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, color #908 "South Shore."
Pattern: My personal pattern
Needles: #1 (2.25) Kollage Square dpns

Comments: These look suspiciously like a pair I made in October...but they aren't the same. These have a normal flap heel with the pattern carried along down the flap, whereas the others have a Strong Heel. And they really are a different yarn. I like the look of these socks right off the needles without blocking. Lorna's Laces is softly squishy and the stitch definition is so fine.

About the square needles: They are very light for metal needles and I do think they were easier on my hands. However, I ended up with 9 stitches to the inch instead of 8. That was okay because the socks fit well. But if I were to buy them again, I might get larger needles as the Kollage web site suggests.

5 comments:

Sally said...

Beautiful!! Love the pattern, love the yarn!!

Sally said...

I forgot to say Welcome Home, we're glad you're back and look forward to more pictures

Dawn said...

I love Lorna's Laces too. Your patterns are always so nice! How long do you usually make your leg portion?

Jen said...

I love the socks. I think the simple pattern and the color go wonderful together.

Happy New Year!

Lynn said...

Great socks!! I really like how the pattern played out, very subtle but still see a play in color. Great job!