Tuesday, January 06, 2009

More Gray Socks to Match the Gray Days

Yarn: Regia Cotton (41% wool, 34% cotton, 25% Polyamid)
Pattern: My own, plain and simple as it is.
Needles: #1 (2.25mm) dpns.
Comments: Doesn't Polyamid sound like something that's bad for you? I do like seed stitch and cable stitches and ribbed stitches and some lace stitches on socks, but those I like the best are plain old stockinette--even in a solid color. They feel like old friends. Besides, they really go with my stay-at-home wardrobe. And are the ones I generally wear most often.

On my previous post I didn't list the fiber content of the yarn. So I edited and added that, in case anyone was wondering. In case inquiring minds need to know.

4 comments:

Kathy... said...

you know what they say...sometimes less is more.

Guinifer said...

Sounds like a bug you'd find behind the kitchen sink....

You make the prettiest plain janes around!

Artseycrafts said...

Nice socks! Grey is a good basic color which I wear too.

Kathy said...

Love the socks and you know that the color is one of my favorites.

Now you've got me having some serious withdrawal for some sock yarn.