Sunday, December 07, 2008

They're Square!

Have you seen these square knitting needles? Yes, square!


Here's a closer look.


Kollage Yarns' Square needles. They are touted as more comfortable and easier on the hands. I am inclined to think it is so. But since I just started these socks, I'm reserving judgment on that. They are nicely lightweight and don't have sharp corners as one might expect. I like the color of the needles (how fashionably important) and they seem to have just a little grab--not too much. Gauge doesn't seem to be an issue, but since I don't usually swatch before socks, it could be. I think my gauge may be a little smaller, which should be okay in these socks. The web site says that most knitters go up a size in needles, so I must keep that in mind for next time.

Still knitting...


6 comments:

Virtuous said...

Interesting!!

Keep us posted about knitting in the round...squared!! :oD

Artseycrafts said...

I did see the square needles online. Yes, keep us posted about the gauge.

Kathy said...

We had them at the shop that I used to "work" at.....and ladies swore by them (in the larger sizes anyway). They said they were great for people who had Arthritis.

Recently I was searching for short finger needles and found them in the smaller sizes. I didn't buy them though as they were not as short as I wanted. 4" was my desire, and I finally found some that short.

I will be interested in knowing what you think. The small ones that I ran across were very pretty!

Guinifer said...

Those are really pretty. As tightly as I hold my needles, I'm afraid I would wind up with dents in my fingers. Are they still comfy?

Angelika said...

I've never heard of square needles. Let us know how you like them, as you knit more with them. Right now my absolute favs are the KP 6" Harmony DPNs.

Kathy said...

They look interesting but I doubt I will ever get any. I tend to resist change. :-)

Still, I'd love to knit with a pair to see what I'm missing.