Friday, December 05, 2008

Noro Socks #8 - A Winter Landscape

Remember my Winterscape Scarf?
These Socks are similar in colorway, but not the same as the scarf. They blend nicely, though.


Yarn: Noro Silk Garden Sock - Colorway #S269
Pattern: My own, again. See link for free pattern at sidebar.
Needles: #1 (2.25mm) dpns

Comments: Well, since this is my 8th pair of Noro socks, I've pretty much knit with most of the Noro sock colors--at least all of them that I favored, which leaves out very few. It's time to come out with new colors, Noro people! How about a blend of blues in the same vein (almost solids)? Or green? Or red? Or yellow? Pink? Gray? Is anyone at Noro listening?


If you knit socks with Silk Garden, you need to be aware that each 100 gram skein has only 300 meters of yarn, and that's on the skimpy side for socks. However, with the coloring as the star feature of this yarn, you might want to choose a sock without too much patterning. These are knit top down for a size 9 foot, and see how little yarn remains! Also, it would be virtually impossible to try to match both socks in this subtle colorway, so I went with fraternal and am liking the results.


There were NO knots in this skein, folks! None.


Of course, you can't take just one photo of your Noro project. There's just too much depth and wonder in their colorways.

Still knitting....

9 comments:

Artseycrafts said...

Beautiful! You are making me want to try Noro sock yarn.(vbg)

Dawn said...

Those are gorgeous!! How do well do you find they wear??

Virtuous said...

I just love them!!

I have the same exact NORO colorway and would love to make those socks...would you mind writing up a quick pattern for us??

I am just in LURVE with NORO!!

Pat said...

I love the simple classic beauty of your sock pattern! Those garter ribs below the ribbing are perfect - and the yarn...beautiful!
(I haven't knit with Noro Sock yet...)

Virtuous said...

Wow! That was quick!! Thank you!! ;o)

JoAnn said...

I also have this same colorway. It's the first skein of Noro I purchased wanting to see what all the excitement is all about. It's still sitting there, waiting for me to decide what kind of socks to make with it - now I know I'm going to use your pattern. Very simple, but the some nice extra touches. Thank you for sharing your pattern.

Kathy said...

These are my all time favorites! Just "my color" and so simply beautiful! I just may have to take the Noro sock yarn plunge. (Please don't tell all my sock yarn waiting in line that I may buy new.....)

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Beautiful pattern! Thanks. I've got this color too and just waiting for the right pattern. This is it!!

Kathy said...

I love, love, love these!!

But you knew I would. :-)