Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Nearly Kinneared

As far as I know, I have never been Kinneared.  But then, the whole idea of Kinnearing is that the person being Kinneared is unaware.  The word was coined by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee on her blog, Yarn Harlot.  It went from here to here and here:


 and possibly further.

But I have had a shout-out from the famous Yarn Harlot!  

Today Yarn Harlot was talking about how she had resisted doing the Brooklyn Tweed striped Noro scarf, well, just because she "wasn't like that."  Meaning she wouldn't want to make something that 8,000 people had made just because it was a fad.  Well, she got to looking at all the scarves and realized that they were like fingerprints--no two were alike!

To make a long story short, she listed 24 of those projects, and one of them was mine!  See Yarn Harlot's post here.   You'll see my little three-lettered name on her very famous blog. 

 Thanks, Stephanie! I feel a little less invisible today.




6 comments:

SusieH said...

Kudos to you, and to the lovely Noro scarves :) It is a fabulous pattern, I think. I'm betting you get sooo many visitors today after they see the Harlot's blog. What fun!!

Jen said...

That is awesome! Congrats!

JoAnn said...

Wow. A nod from Stephanie - that's awesome. Congrats!

Artseycrafts said...

Congratulations Kay!

pat said...

I JUST saw you over there!! Yay you are famous!!
(and of course yours was a beautiful scarf!)

Guinifer said...

Has the traffic been crazy?