Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Judge's Giant Boot Socks

Maybe they don't look so big on the small screen. But, trust me, these socks have to fit size 13 feet that the Judge walks around on. Knitting socks for him is a commitment!
Yarn: Lana Grossa Mega Boots Stretch, 70% wool, 23% Poly, 7% Elastic, Colorway 714
Needles: #1 (2.5mm) Knitpicks dpns
Pattern: My personal pattern
Comments: The yarn is of a dark enough color to possibly cause blindness while night knitting. Most of these were knit during daylight hours.
He wore them promptly and pronounced them warm and comfortable. He likes them! He really, really likes them!

3 comments:

Dave said...

Very nice -- I love the subtle colours.

I recently finished a pair in that yarn and it's one of my favourites, very soft and comfy -- good choice. :-)

Guinifer said...

How long did you have to make the foot for a size 13? My nephews have sizes 11 and 13 and both would like some socks.

Kathy said...

Congrats! I made my hubby a pair of equally large proportions once..... I KNOW - it's a commitment of love! Happy to know he appreciates it so much.