Monday, November 03, 2008

Geek Alert!

Every once in awhile I find something really off the subject of knitting that I need to share with you because it's so very geeky/cool.

Here's a snazzy program that allows you to save clippings from the web, notes that you need to remember. It's called Evernote, and it's different from Microsoft One Note as far as I know, because it works on several platforms: desktop, phone and web--and can be synced across those platforms. And it's free.
Ever run across something on the web that you just want to clip out and save? Save it in Evernote. Want to upload your recipes so that you have them when you go to your sister's house in Dubuque? Put them in Evernote. It's a free service unless you add over 20,000 notes or 400 mobile snapshots, etc., per month. Free works for me, but if you find yourself doing more saving, it's only a nominal fee per month after that--less than a fast food lunch!

I find it very simple to add recipes from the web, PDF files, and other things that I want to save and have access to on any computer. Mine are all private, but you could share designated folders with your friends or co-workers.

Tech stuff over...


3 comments:

Kathy said...

Cool! I'll go check it out. Thanks for sharing....
k

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Thanks for the heads-up. I love new geeky stuff!

Kathy said...

That looks so cool.

Thanks.