Monday, October 27, 2008

Sweatshirt Gray Socks

Sweatshirt gray.
One of my favorite neutrals is sweatshirt gray. You know, the one you always grab for in your closet. It's comforting. It goes with everything. Somehow it just works.

I can't seem to get enough of it.
Yarn: Fortissima Socka - 75% Schurwolle superwash, 25% Polyamid - Colorway #1056
Pattern: My own-inspired by this sweaterNeedles: Sizes 2 on leg and 1 (2.25mm) on foot
Comments: These socks were inspired by a black and white photo of a sweater I'd seen in a magazine. It was a man's sweater, smashingly bulky and lushly adorned with rope-like cables. The sweater would have made me (and many men I know) look like the Michelin Man. But, oh, it was beautiful! I opted for socks. What, you're surprised?

11 comments:

Artseycrafts said...

Beautiful socks, Kay. I also like grey. It is a basic color which goes with everything.(vbg)

Kathy said...

Such simple, beautiful socks! You must have the best dressed tootsies around! lol

Dave said...

Oooh, they look wonderful -- love the cable down the flap!

Guinifer said...

Those are gorgeous! I am so cold right now, I could wear about four pair of those right now.

Carie said...

More lovely lovely socks - your cables have beautiful stitch definition, a great case of yarn and pattern working well together

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Love the cables. I don't usually like doing cables or even wear them ... but I must say I like cables on a man's knit wear. Love grey too. In fact I had gotten grey to knit a vest for my DH this Christmas. Maybe next year.

Jen said...

Beautiful socks! I love the color!

ingrid said...

Very beautiful socks, I think especially men will like it,
a wonderful colour.
Ingrid

Kathy said...

You knew I would love them!

Excellent! Excellent!

And beauteous.

I might have to steal them.

Dawn said...

You can turn plain yarn into something so pretty! Those are awesome! ;)

pat said...

Beautiful socks - and beautiful pattern!!
I realize while looking at these that I need more gray socks!