Sunday, October 05, 2008

Little Cable Anklets - Finished.

Yarn: Opal, Colorway 1991, 75% wool, 25% Poly.
Pattern: Cabled anklets from from the booklet, "Socks for Men and Women." See this post.
Needles: #1 (2.25mm) dpns.
Comments: These are a gift for someone very dear to me. They are anklets, but with a 7" leg, they wear nicely with the cuff up.


Not sure about this project, as I've frogged, ripped, and redone it more than a couple times. The kettle dyed Malabrigo's softness is making my brain snooze. And as you can see in the background, new yarn in my favorite neutral colors.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Beauteous socks!

And I just love that pattern.

I'm trying not to drool over your new yarn.

ingrid said...

Hey,
your socks are very nice,
a very nice pattern and colour.
Ingrid,
from the south of Germany

Artseycrafts said...

What pretty socks. The booklet just shows that some things never change. The next project has me puzzled but the color of the yarn is very nice.

Guinifer said...

Mmmmmalabrigo! Yum.
The socks are fantastic. As always.

Deb said...

Beautiful socks. Great booklet. Just goes to show you that certain things like socks are classic & never go out of style. My mom used to had so many of these booklets. I have some of her DPN's, they were 10 cents, too & were purchased at the 5 & 10 store....when it really was a five & ten store.

Sally said...

The socks are real beauties! Someone is going to be very pleased with this gift!

Love the colors in the Malabrigo and the subtle grays and browns waiting in the wings.

Lynn said...

Great socks!! And I'm LOVING that gorgeous yarn!! Is it a scarf??