Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Knocked Over First

October 1st. I had a brother who was exactly three years younger than I. When he was a toddler, we would ask him ,"When is your birthday, Jon?" And he would answer, "Knocked Over First."
Jon is not here to celebrate our birthdays any more--I miss him. But the Judge always makes sure it's a good day. A dozen American Beauty roses.

And a new stove with convection oven and combination convection/microwave was installed yesterday--woo-hoo! Now I have to do more cooking and baking! Anybody have some good tips or recipes for convection baking? And do I need to change the knobs on my cupboards to match the stainless? Burning questions.

But we're having dinner out this evening!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy birthday!! I'm sorry there is that bittersweet attachment, but at least you've got a wonderful husband to help you celebrate. The roses are beautiful and the stove...I'm so jealous!

I'm not big on cooking so I have no recipes to share. I'm a huge fan of eating out though.

Artseycrafts said...

I love red roses and your American Beauties are gorgeous. How nice for the Judge to always remember your brother.

I am no help with convection ovens.(vbg)

Guinifer said...

Sorry to hear about your brother, but I hope you have a sweet day anyway.

Lovely stove! Shiny!

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday Kay! How wonderful that you shared your birthdate with your brother....you must have so many wonderful birthday memories of him!

Beautiful new oven. I am jealous. I really need to update my entire kitchen...... someday!

Sounds like the Judge is a keeper.... love the roses!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

How endearing ... roses for you and your brother's Birthday. I love your brother's answer to the date of his birthday. So cute.

Going out to dinner huh? I wonder how long it'll take to get the oven dirty? LOL

Angie said...

Happy Birthday! Nice new stove. New hardware for the cabinets depends on your need for matchingness (I'm sure that is a word) and how much you like the current hardware. :D